Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Monday, Time to Get to Work



I hear I am supposed to hate Mondays, but how could I? Mine was a lot of work, but it ended up just fine. The day started with me losing my umbilical cord, so that meant one thing...bathtime!


The bath had a shaky start when I decided to dirty my diaper without a diaper, while Momo (Grandma Blackburn) was holding me. Once I was cleaned up, I wet my diaper in my mom's hands.


The bath was great, and I really took to the water. Afterwards I was dressed up and people took pictures of me. This is when I realized that my job around this place is to look cute, and look cute while doing it.


5 o'clock is quitting time, so we finished the day with my first walk around the neighborhood. This was also mom's first day outside since she had me. It was a slow trek, but we made it down the block to meet some friends at Murphy's Bleachers. Mommy and Daddy's friends from L.A. and Denver were there. They came just to see me (and Wrigley Field).


All in all, it was a great Monday. I don't know why people dread them.